Configuring Power BI Gateway…
In this article I am going to show the steps for the correct settings in Power BI Gateway, and updating data using information sources that Gateway will be displayed.
One issue to consider is the purpose of the Gateway that provides a fast and secure transfer of data between the local data, and services. You can use a single gateway with different services at the same time.
Remember that you must have a configured account Power BI PRO and the possibility of logging into Power BI platform Web.
It is recommended to install the Gateway on a server / machine that has the following characteristics (service):
· The computer must remain on or have short cycles off (not match scheduled updates).
· It is recommended that the Internet connection is through a physical network and not through wireless networks.
To install the Gateway perform the following actions:
1. Entering the Power BI site and enter Download – Data Gateway
2. Once this option was selected, a tab will open with the option to download the executable Gateway
3. When you run the program, a wizard installation On-Premises Gateway will run. In the first window recommendations necessary equipment to carry out the installation of the Gateway as well as an explanation of operation and objectives thereof generated.
4. On the next screen you must select the type of Gateway to install, whether it will be Enterprise or Personal. In this case the Enterprise option to continue be selected.
6. Once the download is complete the following screen will be presented:
Adding data sources to Gateway
After configuring the Gateway, you must associate the same data sources. To associate the data sources must perform the following procedure:
1. Enter Site Power BI, and head on the upper right edge to Manage Gateways option.
2. On the administration screen Gateways, will feature a list of installed and configured gateways. To add a Data Source to a Gateway must select it and choose to Add Data Source
3. On the configuration data source, you must provide the name of the data source and the data source (once the source selected, other fields to complete depending on the origin chosen will be enabled).
By having an account Power BI PRO and a configured Gateway, we can set a maximum of 8 daily updates of the dataset. To schedule these updates, you must perform the following procedure:
1. Entering Power BI site, and go to the Settings option – Settings
2. Within the Settings page, go to the Datasets tab
3. On page defined datasets are listed, for which you can configure the following options:
– Gateway Connection
– Schedule Refresh
– Q & A and Cortana
– Featured Q & A Questions
Gateway Connection we can specify from which Gateway will update the dataset. We can choose a new one (Power BI – Personal) and an existing one (in this example we select the created above)
In this case the frequency of configuration data update dataset regarding the origins of the Gateway set is specified. We can specify daily or weekly update. Take note that you can set up to 8 daily update processes.
Q & A and Cortana
In the Q & A section and Cortana you can specify whether natural language queries allow, through the use of Cortana.
Featured Q & A Questions
In this section you can specify a set of questions that the user can perform, in order to access certain behavior within the report.